Sunday, February 16, 2014

Empire Of Rats - No Peace...

This one is about one of the best bands in the last few years, Empire Of Rats.

I've first heard one of their songs right before they did the pre-orders for the "No Peace" 7inch through Get This Right Records. Since I was blown away by the sheer hardness of it, I just ordered it.

That got me the regular black vinyl version and the pre-order one, which was a coke bottle clear one with a special cover, picturing Brice Davis Colopy. It also comes with an apology letter for taking quite a time to arrive.

After receiving it I got in contact with the guy running GTRrecords and was able to get my hands on a test pressing! And it got even better when the same year I went to the Ieperfest, Europe's best hardcore festival for years. Some band played and while looking at their merch-table I found a few copies of the "No Peace" 7inch. Looking further I saw they were regular covers, but some had the same coke bottle clear vinyl as the pre-order version. I bought one of course, and got to talk to the dude selling them, which of course was somebody related to the GTRrecords. He told me they did a few limited edition "Empire Of Cats" versions for the This Is Hardcore Fest, and that he possibly had one left at home. And you already guessed, a few weeks later it arrived at my place... Seemed that next to the fact it had a limited edition cover, it also had another color of vinyl, being solid yellow. Seems they did a second press I didn't know about, so that one's on the list to buy in the short future!

Anyway, here's the Empire Of Rats 7inch collection so far, when I get the solid yellow copy, I'll do a complete collection picture with the "No Peace" tape and the new LP, so stay tuned!

If you'd like to hear what it sounds like, go visit their Bandcamp, you can listen to the entire 7inch, and download it at a "name your price" principle... You should just do it, coz this is one of the best 7"s to have come out in the last years!

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the story/kind words dude. i was the one you met at Ieper, it was when i was still in Reign Supreme. the new LP is AMAZING

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it's even better than this 7", totally love it! Funny we meet again this way, any plans on coming back soon? Most probably Reign Supreme yes, doubted between them and Bitter End, somehow I always get the two mixed up...

    ReplyDelete